I had breakfast with Elisabeth and a friend at a lovely cafe in Five Ways, Paddington today. Five Ways is a very charming suburb and i could see myself living there, if not for the fact that the beach is a drive away. I love being a 15 minute walk away from one of my favourite beaches, Bronte and it will be very difficult to give that up, even for charm and excellent coffee. So, in no particular order, here’s a list of my favourite cafes in Sydney:
- Tiger Mottle in Five Ways, Paddington. My soy cap comes with real grated chocolate on top. Yum! And their Bacon and Egg sandwich and Bacon and Egg tart are so tasty…and i am not a big fan of bacon at all!
- Gertrude & Alice on Hall St, Bondi Beach. Best pot of chai ever. And it’s a bookstore cafe. Very cool. Although it doesn’t have space for a pram so probably not very child friendly.
- Luxe in Westfield Bondi Junction. It’s my local and they know my coffee order so it makes me feel very special.
- Campos on Missenden Rd in Newtown. The coffee is spectacular every single time.
- Luxe on Missenden Rd in Newtown. I went there for the first time last week and loved it. The portions were quite small though.
- Bertoni on York Rd, Sydney and Darling St, Balmain. Wonderful food and coffee.
- The Little Marionette on Booth St, Balmain. It’s such a cute cafe and you can borrow one of their picnic blankets and take your food and coffee to the park across the road.
- Three Blue Ducks on Macpherson St, Bronte. The food is amazing and now that they have expanded the cafe to include the store next door and the alley way inbetween, i will go there more often with my big (but handy) pram. I remember driving past in summer at 7pm. It was still light out and people were seated for dinner in the alley, with their glasses of wine and strappy dresses. It reminded me so much of Italy.